Friday, January 13, 2012

Growing Pains!

You may have noticed that I haven't posted in a few days.  My oldest daughter pointed it out to me.  I took a bit of a break.  I know you are saying to yourself, "Who takes a vacation when they have just started a job?"  To that I say, "Offer me a paycheck, and I'll gladly show-up to work!"  But, since that's not happening, I'm going to go with plan A, which is to focus on my family.  We have been busy around here, mostly staying-up all hours.  But, last night we made progress.  My little man was asleep by 1:30am.  A huge improvement, considering that the previous night he had been awake until nearly 6am.  He did wake-up before the sun this morning, but he only stayed awake for about 30-45 minutes, then gave-up and nodded back off.  I'd say that's an improvement.  Of course, I had to deal with a cranky toddler with no nap yesterday, but the pay-off was worth it!


Speaking of my toddler, I have decided that he understands what growing-up is, and he is smart enough to know it's not for him!  I know that sounds CRAZY!  But, have you ever known a toddler who, when asked if he wants his own big-boy bed, just says "no, I sleep with Mama."  This is in the store, not at bedtime.  And, even when offered bribes, he does not relent in his desire to stay in my bed.  He say Diego on something the other day, and wanted it until he realized it was a package of pull-ups.  I very positively described how he could go to the potty and get Diego pants and even treats for peeing in his potty chair.  I showed him the potty chairs and told him he could have any of them, even the ridiculous $50 one.  I showed him all of the cool big-boy pants and the different character pull-ups, even offering girl ones, if that's what it took.  NOPE!  He avoided looking at anything I offered, and he avoided eye contact.  It was almost comical!  NO, it was comical.  My mom, the girls, and I were giggling a bit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment