Saturday, January 7, 2012

Let the beatings commence!

Against my better judgement, I let my daughter have a friend sleepover last night, knowing that I had to get up before the sun this morning.  This is a sweet little girl who has a strict bedtime every night.  So, I assumed that I would be fine, and she would possibly influence my little nocturnal angels to go to bed at a reasonable hour.  Well, let's just say that you know what assume does, and leave it at that!  My youngest angel was pretty co-operative last night, even though he didn't want to give-up his dirt and take a bath.  But when we tried to settle into bed (Yes, he sleeps with me.  Don't judge me!), he kept popping up and not going to sleep, even though I dozed off a couple of times for 20 minutes, or so.  Around 5:15, I heard a door close (Without the knob being used; a real pet peeve of mine), and went to investigate.  There my darlings were, with their friendly partner in crime, playing on the laptop, eating snacks, watching tv, and playing with said friend's newly acquired Ipod touch.  Needless to say, I was pretty upset.  Not only because they didn't get any sleep, but because they were the reason that my little one wouldn't go to sleep.  He kept trying to go out of my room to play with his sisters, and I told him no.  Of course, I marched my darling daughters downstairs and gave them a good tongue lashing.  The angels are in bed now, with threat of the sleepover ending immediately and said friend's parents being brought into the scandal if sleep didn't happen before I got ready to leave the house.  And thus my motto, "Sleep is for wimps!"

No comments:

Post a Comment