Thursday, January 26, 2012

UGH!

Things have been a little crazy around here, shocking, I know.  Cherub #3 has strep throat!  Sadly, I was happy to receive the blessed news.  I know, CRAZY!  But, the doctor used the "f" word when we first got there and described her symptoms.  I'm referring to the flu, or course.   What did you think that I meant?  At any rate, I never thought I would do the happy dance over a strep throat diagnosis.  But, if she had the flu, it would have taken her longer to get over it, and the whole family would have been quarantined for a few weeks.  With strep, you take some antibiotics and some motrin for the fever, and you are right as rain!

I have been working on a quilt for the outlaws this week.  Well, I started it a year ago, almost to the day!  I made 2 of the 9 blocks, but got frustrated when they came out different sizes.  So, the pieces all went into a ziplock bag to be tackled later.  I realized last week that their anniversary is next week, meaning mine is this week.  Anyway, I decided if anyone could fix my problem, Jane Sewmore could do it.  And, it worked!  I made the remaining 7 blocks, plus I ripped apart the one that was too small and got it to the right size.  Now, I need to add sashing and borders, then it's off to backing it.  If my weekend isn't too crazy, I may get it done by Sunday night. 

Did I mention that my anniversary is this week?  Yes, I skimmed over it a bit.  My 16th wedding anniversary is tomorrow, to be exact.  I'm not sure if we will celebrate, since one of my cherubs is sick.  We may just celebrate another time.  We'll see how it goes.

I know, this is a pretty dull post.  I am a bit tired and off my game.  Plus, my oldest cherub is standing over me, about to explode with anticipation of my placing an amazon order for him.  Oh yeah, the 2 year old keeps climbing on me, too.  I'm so tired of being the jungle gym! 

Goodnight from the looney bin! 

No comments:

Post a Comment