Thursday, January 19, 2012

One step forward...five steps back

As I post this blog, my little angel is sleeping away, and it's only 10pm.  You may say, "That's marvelous!"  But, save your praise for someone worthy.  He is only napping.  He was tired, and I was weak!  He needed a nap, and I couldn't make him wait until "sleepy time."  So, he naps on the sofa, only to awaken in the next hour or so and keep me up until the wee hours of the morning.  This has been happening off and on since the weekend, when my first moment of weakness was spurred by my husband guilting me into letting the little guy nap.  I have just been going with it, percolating coffee, and working on cleaning projects until he's ready for "sleepy time."

Did you notice I said "percolating coffee"?  Yes, that's what I said.  I have joined the world of grown-ups and started drinking coffee.  I'm not a huge fan of "home brewed" coffee.  I much prefer a latte from Starbucks.  But since I don't have $4 a day to spend on coffee, I decided I had better come-up with a solution.  Coffee in a normal coffeemaker has a slight burnt taste, in my opinion, thus my dislike for it.  I would get at Keurig, but have you seen how much the things you put in those cost?  I may as well run to Starbucks!  So, when I was hunting a new kettle in Target the other day, I came across a stove-top percolator.  The one's I've seen in the past were around $40, but this one was a steal at $20.  You know what?  Percolated coffee is better!  Yay!  Plus, I feel like Kit Kittredge's mom when I make coffee.  It's a win, win! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment